Ⅰ. Give English equivalents to the following abbreviations: (10%)
Ⅱ. Put the following phrases into English: (15%)
Ⅲ. Fill in the blanks with suitable prepositions or adverbs: (15%)
1. Party A shall, ______ its own expenses, provide Party B with all components, auxiliary materials and other technical data.
2. The only possible explanation would be a case of damage ______ transit during the long sea voyage.
3. You may be assured that we provide quality equipment and material ______ our own manufacture at international market prices.
4. We are very keen ______ your new-type Woollens.
5. Shippers are requested to note particularly the exceptions and conditions of the document ______ reference to the validity of the insurance upon their goods.
6. This credit shall remain ______ force until 17th April, 2003 in China.
7. The insurance premium ______ covering this risk is in the region of 3%.
8. We hope that this unfortunate though minor incident will not mar our ______ very amicable relation.
9. Perhaps you will be so kind as to look ______ this possibility and let us have your views.
10. The JVC shall be exempted ______ income tax for the first three profit making years.
11. The lawyer cited proofs ______ defence of his client.
12. This stipulation is distinct ______ what is laid down in Clause 3 of the Contract.
13. We have made substantial concessions in our price ______ a view to narrowing the gap.
14. If there is any difference in page number and number of copies ______ defined above, it is necessary to refer to the relative items in the contract.
15. We infer ______ your remarks that you don't mind distant shipment.
Ⅳ. Match the words and expressions with the explanations:(10%)
Words and expressions:
1. recourse ( )
2. arbitrator ( )
3. demurrage ( )
4. consign ( )
5. beneficiary ( )
6. issuing bank ( )
7. broker ( )
8. presenting bank ( )
9. perils ( )
10. carrier ( )
A.a payee or recipient, usually of money
B.a charge payable to the owner of a chartered ship in respect of failure to load or discharge the ship within the time agreed
C.to deliver sth. to a person's custody, typically in order for it to be sold
D.an independent person or body officially appointed to settle a dispute
E.the legal right to demand compensation or payment
F.a person or company that undertakes the professional conveyance of goods or people
G.the bank that requests payment of a collection bill
H.a person who buys and sells goods or assets for others
I.accidents or casualties
J.the bank that opens a documentary credit at the request of its customer
Ⅴ. Translate the following sentences: (30%)
6.In the case that no settlement can be reached through negotiation, both parties agree the case should be submitted for arbitration to a third country.
7.SCHINDLER shall pay an annual maintenance fee for each elevator or its equivalent exported for the average contract life of ten years.
8.That all profits, losses, costs, and liabilities will be distributed pro rata according to the shareholding of each party.
9.We have duly received your L/C covering the S/C No. 123.
10. Other suppliers have offered us the same commodity and have expressed their desire to do business with us.
Ⅵ. Letter-writing (20%)
TEL：甘老师18773174440 蒋老师17773102705 陈老师0731-85718026